Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Selena Gomez "Love you like a love song" makeup tutorial

Hey girls,

Ok so I totally fell in love with Selena's make up in her latest video and I just had to re-create it
I adore this look and hope you do to :)
Here's my version......



What I used:


Primark set of 5 lashes i used the 3rd one down
(These are amazing!!!!)


Rimmel's  140 kiss me and NYX 620 paris





So lets get started!!!!

First of all you need to prep the skin: cleanse, tone, moisturise and prime
preping the skin is really important because it will keep your skin looking healthy, help your foundation glid on more smoothly and it will make it look better on the skin.

                                              eyes



Step 1:
Taking a black pencil liner
 Line your top lids in short feather like strokes (dont do the flick just yet)
You can use a cotton bud to hold your lid in place, this is better than dragging your skin which can cause pre mature aging.



your lid should look like this


Step 2:
 Take a angled brush like this or a very flat brush

And dip it into black shadow  (NYX trio)

Apply this over the liner this will set it and cover any area's you missed


Step 3:
Take a liquid liner or gel liner
Im using L'oreal super liner in carbon gloss

this is my favourite liner, it has a thick flexible brush which i find amazing and it makes applying liner so much easier

Apply your liquid or gel liner over the pencil liner

Step 4.
Now take a cotton bud to guide you and hold it against your BOTTOM LID this is where your flick should be

make a dot where you want your flick to end it is usually just above your crease


and draw a line down to the end of the top lid

now go back to the top of the line and draw a line in towards the liner
(look straight into a mirror your flick should start just outside the coloured part of your eye)

and colour the gap in

and theres your flick!!

Step 5.
Selena's liner looks really matte so apply black shadow on top of your liquid or gel liner this will help set the liner and give it a matte finish

If you make any mistakes dont worry just leave the liner dry and it will flake off with a cotton bud

the finished look!
Now apply some false lashes and your all done.


lips

In selena's video she appears to be wearing a bright pink lipstick with a tint or coral
 so for my lips i mixed two lipsticks together NYX 620 Paris and Rimmel london 140 kiss me
and applied a clear lipgloss on top for some extra sparkle.

Face
So my face I applied a liquid foundation (L'oreal's true match foundation in w3) with a flat foundation brush and set it will compact powder (maybelline dream matte powder in golden sand)
I applied natural collection's bronzer on my forehead,temples and jawline to give me that sun kissed look that selena has in her video and i kept my blush subtle. I used pink cloud by natural collection and i filled in my brows with some brown eye shadow.

FOR MY FOUNDATION TIPS....CLICK HERE!!!!!!!!!

And this is the finished look :)




PIN UP GIRL!!

       You can also use this eye makeup for a pin up girl look just add some red lippy and your good to go :)





To remove take a cotton pad and soak it in eye makeup remover hold it against your eyes for 60seconds and wipe out.doing this will remove soften the liner and will remove most of it
a oil based remover or baby oil will make it easier.

My friend sinead also known as the makeupchair from you tube also did a fab makeup tutorial on this look check out her amazing video here!!!!!!


hope this was helpful
love saz
xxx

DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK :) click here!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Curves Ahead lifestyle blogger said...

great look that eye liner look intense you did a perfect job love that lipstick

the creation of beauty is art. said...

I love the makeup from this look. You did such a great job! And that lip colour is to die for! :)

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

CAMILLA said...

great look...
i love those false lashes too

btw im having a giveaway
http://camillamonique.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-2nd-giveaway

Pammy said...

You did such a fab job! So pretty! :)

I BLEED PINK said...

Very pretty, I love that song!

Unknown said...

Awesome recreation of Gomez's look! :)

http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

Makeupbysaz said...

thank you girls :) your support means so much to me :D saz xxxxxxxxx

kukiskuku said...

wow your eyes look so gorgeous.following you now.please everybody check out my beauty blog.i'd appreciate that very much. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tutorial. You did a great job of explaining things for just the right look !