Sunday, May 18, 2014

Invisalign Treatment - My Decision



Hey Guys,

So after a long long break I've decided to return to the world blogging... 

Today I'm going to talk about something that has bothered me for a very very long time and that's my TEETH!!
Since I was a little girl I've HATED my teeth, they bothered on a day to day basis. I would never smile in pictures, I would cover my mouth alot when I smiled and I found it affected my confidence ALOT!!!! ....

I went to get braces back when I was just 14 years old but unfortunately my teeth weren't 'classed' as bad enough to be covered by the government so I had no other option but to go private.
After I had my moulds done the dentist told my parents it would cost 5,000 and he needed a grand upfront to go ahead with the treatment. At the time I had a little brother and another on the way and of course that was alot of money for any parents to hand out especially on teeth, I was too young to understand the value of money and I was very disappointed that I couldn't go ahead with my treatment.

I started my blog back in 2010 which give me a new lease of life and I found it easy enough to hide my teeth in pictures and I could be that fun confident person I've always wanted to be, However when I finally plucked up the courage to start making youtube videos, I started receiving comments on my teeth which brought all the pain back again. 

After christmas this year I made a big career move and settled into a really good permanent job so I decided to look into braces again.
I took the plunge in february and went in for a free consultation for invisalign and after a pay monthly scheme was announced I decided to go ahead with the treatment.

Invisalign is a clear brace that is cliped onto your teeth, It works exactly like braces except you can barely notice them, you clip them out for a max of 2 hours a day to eat so theres no limits on what you can eat or drink.
The total cost of Invisalign treatment is 3,500 but I know it will be worth EVERY penney......

I will keep you posted with a monthly diary of my treatment :)
Love you lots
Saz xXx

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that there were people who made you feel that pain again. It's sheer jealousy. Your videos have changed the way i feel about my body and fashion style for the best. Total inspiration! Would love to see more updates on the clear braces. Been considering it myself for some time! xxx

Risa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Risa said...

Hi Saz, I just had my braces on earlier this year as well and to be honest, I'd think it will be the best investment though it was really a pinch in the pocket...anyway looking forward to see updates from your end...

xx

Erica said...

People can be so cruel - especially on youtube! :( I'm sorry you had to go through all of that..

However, I'm now SO excited for you!! I have gone through the same thing with my parents not being able to afford braces for me and it being a source for my lack of confidence.

I finally went through (after 7 months of treatment with a dentist to get my gums and teeth into a healthy state) and got an orthodontist consultation. Like you - we managed the payments so I could take them on, but I just found out that I will be laid off from my job. Thankfully, my mom and sister are helping me pay since they weren't able to get me anything for my college graduation and no one in my family helped me pay for school.. This is kind of a belated-gift type thing.

Anyway, this is so cool! I'm going with damon braces (a step up from traditional braces but definitely not invisalign ;). I'm excited to see your journey! How long will your treatment be? Mine is 24 months.

Yay! So glad for you! x

Unknown said...

People are so rude! Honestly, I never even noticed anything wrong with your teeth. lol You have very nice teeth in my opinion! lol You're very beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the people who made fun of you because of your teeth. They had nothing better to do and couldn't make any better use of their time. You are a very beautiful lady and even though you are finally set on getting invisalign, I think you are great just the way you are. I hope you can build up the confidence to be yourself. Keep your head up, dear. :)

Justene Doan @ A+ Family Dentistry

How much does invisalign cost said...

Very useful blog.

Unknown said...

Great website related to invisalign. I really liked it. I found all the informations very useful. I can always use more information. invisalign las vegas nv

Unknown said...

I feel comfortable with these invisalign. It's perfect for me.
Invisalign Chandler AZ

Bennie Chandler said...

I can totally relate to the teeth issue. Mine have been very spaced out, particularly my two front teeth. The dentist told me when I was 12 that there was no way those teeth would come together. After reading your story, I wonder if it would be worth it to be evaluated. I am somewhat insecure about my teeth.

Eunice Greer said...

Thank you for sharing your experience with Invisalign. I’ve learned about them on television. Hearing your firsthand experience with how they work and how satisfied you are with the price and the process makes me willing to ask my dentist if they are appropriate for me. The best part is that there is no restriction on what you can eat.